The Biden-Harris Administration is providing up to $20,000 in student loan debt relief for eligible borrowers.
Apply today (but no later than Dec. 31, 2023).
Do you need help completing your FAFSA? Contact the Springfield Promise Program at (413) 787-7100 Ext 55653
UPDATE ON FREE COLLEGE BENEFIT
The Court has granted our Preliminary Injunction Motion against the Department of Education (ED). Attached is the Order and below are the injunction parameters:
1. Defendants (ED) are enjoined (prohibited) from enforcing the July 18, 2022 Cease-and-Desist Letter’s prohibition against EGCC enrolling new students in the Free College Benefit Program.
2. Defendants (ED) are enjoined (prohibited) from enforcing the July 18, 2022 Cease-and-Desist Letter’s prohibition against EGCC waiving tuition and fees for non-Pell students.
3. Defendants (ED) are enjoined (prohibited) from taking any action limiting EGCC’s access to federal student financial aid without affording EGCC notice and an opportunity to be heard as prescribed in the Higher Education Act, 20 U.S.C. § 1094 and applicable regulations, 34 C.F.R. § 668.81–99.
4. Nothing in this Order shall prevent Defendants (ED) from issuing a Final Program Review Report of EGCC.
5. This Order shall remain in effect until further order of the Court.
This means new and current students can register for the Spring 2023 semester in the Free College Benefit Program. We will open Spring registration on Tuesday, October 25th. While we celebrate this much-needed relief for our students, the underlying litigation is ongoing. The College will continue to inform its students, employees, and stakeholders of any updates and next steps.
Academic Advisors are also available to assist students with registration and answer any questions students may have. You can schedule your academic advising appointment here:
https://egcc.edu/students/student-support-services/academic-advising/ . Also, continuing students will be able to self-register through the student portal starting on October 25th.
For Free College questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call our EGCC Admissions Counselors at 1-833-465-2505 or the Financial Aid Help Desk at 1-833-465-2505 option 2.
Students can fill out the 2022-2023 FAFSA form here: https://studentaid.gov/h/apply-for-aid/fafsa.
The bottom line is that it is available now and if people would like to take advantage of some free college credits I hope they do! We just don't know what's going to happen after the spring semester.