Covid Related Online Forms
Thank you for everything that you do! Without your dedication we would never be able to support our members and strengthen our union. Your leadership is invaluable!
ARTICLE X - BUILDING REPRESENTATIVE DUTIES
1) To represent all Paraprofessionals at each location
2) To maintain a personal email account and current phone number to conduct union business. This email address and current phone number should be on file in the union office.
3) To keep Paraprofessionals informed and listen to the concerns of the members and communicate these
concerns with the principal and President.
4) To email the Treasurer when there are changes of personnel in the building.
5) To distribute all Paraprofessional mailings and information sent to the Building Representative from the Local to all the members of the building. Maintain an up-to-date Local 4098 Bulletin Board in the building.
6) The Building Representative is the agent of the Federation in her/his building, and is responsible for the implementation of the Collective Bargaining Agreement in that building.
7) The Building Representative is responsible for overseeing Step One of the grievance procedure as outlined in the Collective Bargaining Agreement.
8) To attend all Local 4098 Meetings/Trainings. If you are unable to attend a meeting, you must notify the 1st Vice President prior to the meeting via email.
9) Attend disciplinary meetings at the building level to represent the affected member, take comprehensive notes and maintain records.
10) File an activity log with the Treasurer, for the current school year, annually at the last Membership Meeting.
11) Building Representatives must fulfill all of the above duties in order to receive the annual building representative stipend.
Building Rep Training Schedule 2020-2021
TBA Solving Workplace Issues
The links below are valuable reference materials to help you in your role as a Building Representative. Information on Meeting/Event Dates can be found on the "Get Involved" link. As leaders we face challeges every day and if we remain united, our courage and hope will be of great benefit to our members.