Thank you for everything that you do! Without your dedication we would never be able to support our members and strengthen our union. Your leadership is invaluable!
ARTICLE X - BUILDING REPRESENTATIVE DUTIES
1) To represent all Paraprofessionals at each location
2) To maintain a personal email account and current phone number to conduct union business. This email address and current phone number should be on file in the union office.
3) To keep Paraprofessionals informed and listen to the concerns of the members and communicate these
concerns with the principal and President.
4) The building representative will meet with all new Unit D members at their school to welcome them to the school, obtain
their contact information and to encourage them to become members of the union and complete a dues authorization
5) To distribute all Paraprofessional mailings and information sent to the Building Representative from the Local to all the members of the building. Maintain an up-to-date Local 4098 Bulletin Board in the building.
6) The Building Representative is the agent of the Federation in her/his building, and is responsible for the implementation of the Collective Bargaining Agreement in that building.
7) The Building Representative is responsible for overseeing Step One of the grievance procedure as outlined in the Collective Bargaining Agreement.
8) To attend all Local 4098 Meetings/Trainings. If you are unable to attend a meeting, you must notify the 1st Vice President prior to the meeting via email.
9) Attend disciplinary meetings at the building level to represent the affected member, take comprehensive notes and maintain records.
10) File an activity log with the Treasurer, for the current school year, annually at the last Membership Meeting.
11) Building Representatives must fulfill all of the above duties in order to receive the annual building representative stipend.
Building Representative Meetings 2022-2023 School Year
August 31, 2022 4:00 pm PD Center
October 12, 2022 or November 10, 2022 4:00 pm Virtual
February 8, 2023 or March 9, 2023 4:00 pm Virtual
May 10, 2023 4:00 pm PD Center
*Locations are TBA-Any changes/additions to the schedule will be announced